Advanced Grove Level is required for anyone seeking to move towards Initiation or wishing to simply advance their knowledge as a member of the Grove.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required for a member who wishes to move towards Neophyte.
Grove Member Responsibilities
The same as previously addressed at Basic Grove Level
- Circle Series
- Energy and the New Moon Ritual
- Roles of the Four Officiants Part 2 (*)
- Sacred Geometry – The Magic Triangle
- Salt and Water
- Coven Series
- Responsibilities (*)
- What does it mean to be a Blue Star Initiate (*)
- Deity Series
- Gods and the Circle (*)
- The God and Goddess (*)
- Mythology Series
- Mythology and Worship (*)
- Researching Deity Pairs (*)
- Magic and Spell Work Series
- Minor Magic and the Grimoire
- Wheel of the Year Series
- The Sacrificial Cycle
- Ford – The Mabinogi (*)
- Matthews – Mabon and the Guardians of Britain (*)
- Frazer – The Golden Bough
Complete the Following
All are required if moving towards Neophyte/Initiation
- Set-up the Altar
- Begin more in-depth exploration of at least one path of power.
- Required reading and homework for classes
- Serve as Priest/Priestess for a New Moon Circle demonstrating a circle casting as well as a working knowledge of the quarters.
- Sabbat/Seasonal questions:
- What is the nature of Wiccan sex magic?
- Explain the symbolism of a woman cutting a man’s hair at Litha.
- What is the nature of sacrifice?
- What is the Imbolc sacrifice?
- What is the relationship between the Imbolc and Lammas sacrifice?
- How and why would you incorporate ritual into everyday life?
- How do you remember those who have passed on (as an individual, with your family, in a group)?
- Traditionally, in the British Isles, the mummers play “St. George and the Dragon” was (and in some places, still is) performed. What is its pagan symbolism and significance?
- Research some of the symbols used on psyanky (or other) “Easter” eggs. Explore other symbols that have meaning to you. Design an egg decorated in a way that is meaningful to you. Use any symbol that works; traditional or otherwise. Explain the significance.
- Research and outline the cycle of a Deity pair, outlining a year of Sabbat Celebrations.
- Lead a discussion (either in or out of Circle) about the Deity pair with which you’ve been working.