Once a member of our grove, we expect you to continue learning and growing as you actively participate and regularly attend rituals and offered activities. Blue Star recognizes that not everyone wants to or is right to become an initiate and actively encourages a strong laity. This doesn’t mean that learning stops once someone becomes a dedicant, or that only members who choose to continue onto clergy can take classes. The classes listed below are available to any member of Vela Grove.
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required for a member who wishes to move towards Neophyte.
Grove Member Responsibilities
- Attend circles regularly as agreed to with the High Priestess. If you cannot attend, let the one of the officiants know.
- Accept and follow the directions of the Priest/Priestess and ritual officiants.
- Be available to help with altar setup, tear down and kitchen witching (feast cleanup) on a regular basis.
- Contribute towards feast food.
- Learn how to care for ritual tools and be prepared to help in their care if need be.
- Hand in assignments in time.
- Be willing to contribute towards ritual supplies.
- Circle Series
- Blue Star Altar Part 2 (*)
- Blue Star Ritual Part 2 (*)
- Pre-Ritual Behavior and Meditation Techniques
- Coven Series
- Coven Hierarchy (*)
- Intro to Craft and Coven Law (*)
- Craft Series
- Sacred Geometry – Invoking and Banishing Pentacles
- The Lunar Cycle
- Death and After
- Definitions and Symbols
- Privacy and Discretion
- The Promise
- What is a Witch
- Deity Series
- Gods in the Wicca Perspective (*)
- Personal Shrine Work (*)
- Elements Series
- Forces in the Circle (*)
- Quarter Meditations
- Energy Series
- Energy and Polarity (*)
- Energy and Power Raising (*)
- Invocation Series
- What is Invocation (*)
- Mythology Series
- Introduction to Mythology (*)
- Paths of Power Series (* all)
- Introductions to the Paths of Power
- Astral Projection
- Music and Dance
- Psychic Development
- Wheel of the Year Series
- Mapping the Altar
- Harrow- Devoted to You: Honoring Deity in Wiccan Practice (*)
- Campbell – The Power of Myth (*)
- Monaghan – Meditation – The Complete Guide (*)
- Boden – Goddesses in Every Woman / Gods in Every Man (*)
Complete the Following:
All of these are required for moving towards Neophyte
- Required reading and homework for all classes taken (including all required for Neophyte)
- Serve as Handmaiden or Summoner for a New Moon Circle
- Choose a divinatory system and begin learning and using it.
- Answer these questions:
- What does it mean to see the Goddess in every woman and the God in every man?
- What does it mean to see the Goddess in every man and the God in every woman?
- For one lunar cycle, document your observations of the Goddess and the God in the people you interact with or observe casually in your day to day life.
- Write an essay detailing the symbols and significance of the Great Rite
- Describe foods that are appropriate for each Sabbat in the Wheel of the Year. Where does your food come from?
- Compare a day of your life with the wheel of the year.